Jackie The Trainer

Helping You Reach Your Fitness Goals!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Have you ever thought, I won't eat that, I know it's not good for me and I am really "watching my diet" or maybe it's "I will only have a bite."Whatever food you are trying to "stay away" from, can and will eventually break you down and decrease your willpower!

So I say, have strategies set in place to help you when your willpower leaves you. No one has unlimited willpower, at some point, yours will be shaken! Have a strategy in place to help you get past when willpower isn't enough. It's okay to have those splurges but if they are continuous, that is not going to be good for your long-term fitness goals.

Having strategies set in place to not tempt you will be a great way to help that willpower!

Some good strategies:

1. Don't have foods that you typically overeat in the house if you aren't able to control yourself.

2. Don't let yourself get too hungry, this will definitely lead to overeating, keep healthy snacks on hand.

3. Let yourself have a splurge every once in awhile, remember that 90% rule!

4. Go for a walk to clear your head, most of the time these lapses of willpower have more to do with what's going on mentally than your physical need.

5. Ask yourself, "Is this stomach hunger or mouth hunger?" Am I really hungry for food or am I eating because of something else?

*So this week, set up some strategies to help you succeed! Good luck and go get fit!

No comments: